The Poursina Hakim IBD Clinic
The clinic of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) has been designed and commissioned since 2016 in order to provide proper and quality services for patients with inflammatory bowel disease. IBD patients (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis) are visited and followed-up individually in the clinic under the supervision of an internists, gastroenterologists and a nutrition specialist.
Because of the importance and necessity of continuous monitoring and follow-up of the IBD patients, each patient has an electronic health record in which necessary health information are registered continuously to capture the health state of the patients across time.
Patients who visits the clinic for the first time can benefit all facilities of the system only after being registered in the electronic health record system.
Abodolmehdi Baghaei, MD, Internist
Scientific advisors board:
Seyed Mohammad Hassan Emami, prof. MD, Subspeciality in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Alireza Fahim, MD, Internist, Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Hojatallah Rahimi, MD, Internist, Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Elham Amjadi, Anatomical and Clinical Pathologist
Baharm Bagherpour, MD, Molecular Medicine Specialist
Pouria Adeli, MD, oncologist
Seyed Mohamad Reza Hakimian, MD, Surgeon, Surgical Oncology Fellowship
Maryam Pourbafrani, MD, Psychiatrist
Shadi Kazemi, internist
Golnar Rozati, internist
Reza Solouki, General practitioner
Fateme Maghool, PhD, physiologist
Nahid Jamali, MBA
Leyla Loghmani, BS, Nutritionist
Diagnostic and therapeutic services:
- Periodic Personal Health Visit of IBD patients
- Emergency Care Visits.
- Perform diagnostic procedures such as colonoscopy, Endoscopy. Enteroscopy and Endosonography.
- Perform specialized tests to track the evolution and severity of the disease.
Disease registration system:
- All patients with inflammatory bowel disease in this clinic have an electronic health record.
- Since patients follow-up is essential component of disease control and treatment program, the usage of electronic health records and access to patient health history accelerate this goal.
Follow up card:
- A summary of the patient’s disease information and the medication, along with the specific points that are required for each patient, is provided as a follow-up card.
- The presence of a follow-up card as a summary of the patient’s condition ease medical interventions in special circumstances and is useful for medical treatment or diagnosis in other medical centers.
- Organizing special educational sessions for patients with inflammatory bowel disease that are registered at this medical center is one of the measures that help the disease control process.
- The exchange of positive experiences among patients also provides a wider learning background experiences.
- The preparation and delivery of leaflets and brochures is one of the activities of this clinic.
For patient’s well-being and providing quick access to disease related health information, a virtual environment is created to exchange questions and answers among patients and physicians.
A comprehensive approach to disease:
The inflammatory bowel disease clinic, along with a dietitian and a psychiatric specialist, has provided main basis for assessing and meeting the needs of patients for optimal control of the disease.
The study and analysis of the data gathered from the diagnosis and treatment of the disease are the key to further Understanding and interpreting diseases in all dimensions and identifying new solutions for their control or eradication.
The Clinic of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases by being a part of Poursina Hakim foundation and by having access to the best specialists and laboratory facilities work in the form of a digestive disease research center in order to solve the problems of patients.
Patients can complete an informed consent form for storage and use of their disease data. This form will allows us to use the collected data for scientific documentation to better understand the disease its control and treatment.
Presenting frequently asked questions of inflammatory bowel disease at website and providing leaflets and brochures about inflammatory bowel disease. Offer training courses for groups of patients every three months. The schedule of this courses is mentioned in website. Sending health education related texts in the form of SMS and in other virtual spaces.
Provides specialist counseling and training for patients registered in the inflammatory bowel disease registration system. Patients with inflammatory bowel disease in order to use mentioned services should register in website.
Conducting scientific conferences with the presence of specialists. Diagnosing and tracking patients with inflammatory bowel disease to gain useful health information for physicians and health system staff. Schedule of the conferences is announced in website.
Provide a collection of the latest articles and books related to the activities of the clinic for physicians involved in the medical and diagnostic processes of the affected patients and anyone who is interested in medical field.
It is possible for physicians and health professionals to contact with our specialized advisers through the Clinic’s website if they need guidance to manage patients with inflammatory bowel disease or any other question. To use these features you must first register at the clinic web site.
In order to obtain comprehensive and consistent information on patients with inflammatory bowel disease, research approach is one of the essential components of IBD clinic. Main goals of IBD clinic are:
- Implementation of a comprehensive plan for the registration and monitoring of inflammatory bowel disease in province.
- Extraction of epidemiological characteristics of inflammatory bowel disease in province (incidence, burden, risk factors, outcomes of disease and quality of life)
- Cohort study and follow up of patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Implementation of clinical trial research projects to achieve effective treatment methods for the control and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Development and implementation of basic and genetic studies in the field of diagnosis and new treatments in patients.
- Implementation of population interventions to control and reduce the complications of inflammatory bowel disease and determine the effectiveness of interventions in target communities.
- Collection and analysis of diagnostic, treatment and follow up data from patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) to develop local clinical guidelines.
A group of specialists from gastroenterology, internal medicine and basic science (pathology/ genetics/ molecular medicine) get together to achieve and maintain research goals in Poursina Hakim.
Access to a well-equipped and specialized laboratory is also provided for researchers in Poursina Hakim to conduct their research projects.
The scientific and operational advisers from the Professors of University of Medical Sciences support the IBD team on their way to achieving their goals.